AEI is looking for an experienced Controller!
AEI is a successful sponsor of real estate property investment funds and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DST’s) that own net leased commercial properties nationwide, debt-free. AEI’s real estate-based investment solutions are designed to meet the product needs of Financial Advisors and their high net worth, accredited investors. Our successful track record of more than 44 years is unmatched in the industry.
The Controller position functions as part of the accounting management team and assists with all general accounting, financial reporting and tax functions for AEI investment funds and corporations. In addition to the position key responsibilities, you will have input and influence on the Company's important financial decisions and can provide valuable input into our company’s continued success.
1. Manages general accounting function for multiple investment funds, multiple Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs), and related corporations.
2. Supervises preparation of all SEC filings for multiple investment funds, including annual Form 10-K and quarterly Form 10-Q.
3. Supervises preparation of annual and quarterly financial reports for non-SEC investment funds and corporations.
4. Supervises preparation of Federal income tax returns (Form 1065 and related Schedule K-1s) and various state income tax returns for investment funds.
5. Supervises preparation of Federal income tax returns (Form 1120-S / Form 1120) and various state income tax returns for corporations.
6. Prepares annual Grantor Trust Tax Statements for multiple DSTs.
7. Supervises preparation of state business registrations and annual reports.
8. Supervises preparation of various monthly state sales tax returns.
9. Prepares and files annual Minnesota Sales & Use Tax Return.
10.Supervises accounting and reporting for properties owned directly by tenant-in-common (“TIC”) investors.
11.Coordinates quarterly, interim and annual on-site reviews with the external auditors.
12.Provides analysis, research and support to the sales, property acquisition, property disposition and lease management departments.
13. Prepares and maintains financial reports and information to support senior management and other AEI departments.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and eight years’ of accrual based accounting experience and a working knowledge of GAAP.
Supervisory and experience adhering to established internal controls with expertise in the use of corporate financial and accounting systems is necessary.
Public accounting experience and tax experience are strongly preferred.
Other qualifications include:
As an AEI employee, you be a valued member of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards success. You will work with professionals who share your passion for producing great results. If you are talented, focused on success, a team player, and inspired to work for a company that cares about who you are and how you perform, you can realize your career vision at AEI.
Our comprehensive benefits package generally exceeds our industry’s benefit programs. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Your application was submitted successfully.