AEI is a successful sponsor of real estate investment funds based in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. Founded in 1970, our positive track record in net-lease commercial real estate is unmatched in the industry. AEI is an institutional property buyer that has acquired hundreds of retail, office and healthcare properties in 39 states, debt-free. Each property transaction ranges from $1.5 million to $10 million.
We are looking for an entry level Research Associate to join our Acquisitions team!
The primary focus of this position is to gather market intelligence, source new deal opportunities and maintain a comprehensive database of property and contact leads. Additionally, the position will analyze data and provide reports to the Acquisitions team in efforts to influence current and future business opportunities and promote increased transaction volume.
AEI offers attractive health, dental and retirement benefits, as well as reduced hours on summer Fridays. This is a non-exempt position starting at $19.23-$21.63 per hour ($40-45k annualized).
A college degree or equivalent experience is required. Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Internet research skills to acquire and organize data
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Analytical mindset with strong research skills
- Excellent professional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work diligently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity and experience using industry software products such as CoStar, Argus and/or Real Capital Analytics (preferred)
Essential Job Function:
- Grow an accurate and complete database of commercial real estate inventory through interviews with brokers, developers, investors and other real estate professionals to obtain real time property and transaction data.
- Research, identity and monitor new construction pipeline, uncover property ownership, sale pricing, parcel/mapping information, property statistics and verify business decision makers at target tenant organizations.
- Collaborate with team members to respond quickly to urgent requests from management, including those for comprehensive sale and lease comparable information, true owner verification and data QA.
- Research, monitor, and analyze market trends and activity in the health care sector by gathering market intelligence and analyzing data. Dissect trends and collaborate with the Acquisitions team to qualify data that will help tell the story of an entire market in a concise detailed manner.
- Review publications for key information (client activity, new names, competitor activity). Collect and redistribute micro-data, economics and net lease industry.
- Gather and input statistics and analysis for quarterly market reports. Monitor production metrics/ reports.
- Perform competitor profiles, add new name /customer profile and update tenant information in database. Identify top national players and confirm in database to ensure database information integrity
- Build in-house comparison database through researching and tracking market sale comparable information.
- Maximize CoStar platform and serve as the in-house CoStar expert.
- Manage property inventory process slotting program.