Are you a paralegal with 3 or more years of real estate experience?
AEI is looking for a Commercial Property Coordinator/Closing Specialist to join our team!
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the commercial real estate closing process. The successful candidate will work closely with senior management, investors and external parties to draft and negotiate various legal documents and oversee the successful closing of property sale transactions on behalf of AEI and its affiliated investment programs. This position will also be responsible for drafting and negotiating lease and other documents and providing general support to AEI’s asset management team.
At AEI, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. If you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at AEI.
Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of commercial real estate specialization. Paralegal certificate preferred. A high degree of accuracy is a must.
AEI offers attractive health, dental, and retirement benefits. Starting salary is 65-80k and is commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Draft and assist with the negotiation of Purchase and Sale Agreements and other documents for the sale of commercial properties across the nation.
- Coordinate signing and delivery of documents with investors, purchasers and other third parties.
- Organize and deliver due diligence documents required for property sales to ensure compliance with Purchase and Sale Agreement. Prepare summaries of relevant information for Executive Vice President and legal counsel.
- Supervise outside parties, such as outside legal counsel and title companies to ensure that transactions close within desired time frames.
- Coordinate with legal counsel and title companies to clear title objections.
- Request and obtain estoppels from tenants and real estate associations.
- Work with qualified intermediaries to facilitate successful 1031 exchanges.
- Draft and proof closing documents for legal counsel review.
- Conduct closings for property sale transactions. This includes drafting closing documents in
- accordance with company policies, working with title companies on closing documents and statements, and coordinating with the accounting department to ensure all closing funds were properly received.
- Organize electronic files upon closing and provide relevant information to the asset management and accounting departments.
- Communicate with tenant-in-common co-owners and other clients and stakeholders regarding property initiatives, including outright property sales, leasing and asset management functions.
- Draft letters and other communications which procure and document necessary consents and approvals from TIC co-owners.
- Create and review lease amendments and other lease-related documents. Review and interpret property-related legal documents to determine rights, obligations, and responsibilities of various parties.