AEI is a sponsor/manager of net lease property investment Funds and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DST’s). Our commercial property investment programs are designed to meet the investment needs of Financial Advisors and their high net worth investors. With more than 11,000 investors nation-wide, $1.1-Billion of investor capital, and a track record spanning a variety of economic cycles reaching back to 1970, AEI is a major participant in the real estate investment Fund marketplace.
A career position is open for Director – Portfolio Management. The professional in this position will operate at the Vice-President level and be responsible for the financial and value enhancement of all AEI commercial net lease properties across America. AEI currently owns more than 230 properties in 38 states. This professional will be the lead team member responsible for tenant relations, lease renegotiation, asset positioning. This position will be responsible for generating asset sales, directly to property buyers or through real estate brokerage firms. This position leads a team of six, works closely with AEI’s property management staff and senior executives and reports to the Chief Investment Officer.
1. From a value enhancement perspective, monitor and manage AEI’s entire portfolio of 230+ Fund and DST owned commercial properties across 38 states. Identify asset that should be sold and create and manage property sales opportunities to maximize portfolio asset values.
2. Oversee performance of lease management staff in dealing with lease compliance, lease renegotiation, property maintenance, taxes, insurance, and other real estate related matters. Ensures employees are meeting respective deadlines and fulfilling job responsibilities
3. Collaborate with Vice President of Lease Management to understand physical asset issues and their impact on the portfolio assets. Responsible for the approval of major property expenditures.
4. Monitor and direct the physical plant maintenance of AEI’s portfolio to assure and enhance asset quality.
5. Participate in executive level acquisition meetings to provide asset management insight with respect to new property acquisitions.
6. Communicate with AEI property owners and investment clients regarding property-related issues.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Law with 10+ years of business experience and 5+ years of relevant experience.
Other qualifications include:
1. The ability to lead and motivate professional staff in a collaborative and productive fashion
2. Experienced with corporate processes and procedures and working productively with executives and department managers.
3. Effective at managing multiple priorities with a high level of dependability and self-management.
4. Accustomed to producing detailed and highly accurate work product.
At AEI, you will be a valued member of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards success. You will work with professionals who share a passion for producing better than average results. If you are talented, focused on success, a team player who is inspired to work for a company that cares about who you are and how you perform, you can realize your career vision at AEI.
This position includes salary and on-going incentive compensation. Our corporate benefit’s package exceeds nearly every industry norm.